Dec 8, 2022
Atsuko Okatsuka is a standup
comedian who was named one of the Top 10 Comics to Watch in 2022 by
Variety. Her hilarious videos on social media have garnered her
millions of views and her HBO special premieres on December 10th.
Today she joins the pod and
- What it was like living
immigrating from Japan and living in a garage with her mom and
grandma from age 10-17.
- How an earthquake helped her rise
- Why she feels the things we didn’t
like about ourselves as kids are really our superpowers (and how to
- Why she thinks comedy is a part of
the service industry.
- How she started the
- Her special relationship with her
grandmother (and how she got to 18,000 Twitter
- Why she believes getting married
is more “childlike” than being single.
- Why she thinks the key to life is
knowing what you’re not into.